Full Time - Hybrid/Remote
About the Role
Due to continued growth, Trusteer Financial is expanding our team and is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant based in CDMX, Mexico. This role will coordinate with our Accounting and Operations teams in the US.
As a Senior Accountant, you will...
- Collaborate with Accounting Managers and Partners to support and balance multiple client needs.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes for clients, including booking of period-end accruals/adjusting journal entries and creation of financial statements.
- Perform all bank and general ledger account reconciliations; investigate and resolve reconciling items.
- Build and restructure charts of accounts and maintain client general ledgers.
- Create and maintain accounting schedules of various balance sheet items.
- Book inter-company journal entries and assist with consolidations for multi-entity clients.
- Assist with setup and implementation of new accounting systems and procedures based on client needs.
- Manage bill payments, invoicing, and cash receipt applications for clients in a timely fashion.
- Work with Accounting Manager on client financial planning & analysis (budgeting and forecasting) work.
- Assist with various ad hoc accounting, reporting and financial analysis projects.
Here's what you need...
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
2+ years of experience in accounting, preferably in a public accounting firm or a startup environment
Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and practices
Solid experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Excel
About the Company
Who is Trusteer? Trusteer is a boutique consulting firm that provides full-stack solutions and staff augmentation specializing in Accounting, Tax, CFO Support, and Advisory Services for businesses at every stage of their growth, based in Boston and New York. We are a trusted partner and advisor to early to late-stage companies in the technology, media, entertainment, life sciences, and crypto industries.
Our mission is to make all aspects of accounting and finance easy, affordable, and, scalable for emerging growth businesses so they can focus on what matters most. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for emerging growth businesses in delivering exponential value through accounting and finance.
Why Work at Trusteer We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our workplace and beyond. We believe who you are makes you better at what you do, so every individual within our firm has several opportunities to grow professionally and personally by utilizing our extensive networks, personal finance offerings, and mindfulness programs. Learn more about us at www.trusteerfinancial.com/